1 Chopped Onion
2T Margarine, Butter, or Olive Oil
6 cups water
1 T Chicken Soup Starter
6-8 Medium Potatoes in 1 inch chunks
1 cup of Sour Cream
1 t. Paprika
Salt & Pepper to taste
4-6 Slices Cooked Bacon Crumbled
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
In large cooking pot saute chopped onion in the margarine. After onion is well cooked and transparent add water and potatoes. (I am not sure if the water amount is correct as I just "eye ball it." Just make sure your potatoes are just covered up with water.) Boil until potatoes are tender. Use a potato masher to break up the lumps. Add sour cream, paprika, salt and pepper. Serve the soup into bowls and garnish with cheese & bacon.
This is an old family recipe so putting numbers specific amounts down is very hard. When I make this soup I rarely do it the same way twice. Sometimes I use more or less sour cream. Sometimes I put the cheese in when I put the sour cream in and make the whole soup more cheesy. Don't be a slave to the recipe! Try your own things and then let me know how you like it!
No comments:
Post a Comment